Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to add variables to config

Level 1

I'm trying to do something really simple: add a custom variable to every page hit which I can filter in Adobe Analytics. I know how to use JavaScript, but I couldn't find any documentation for how to add something like "developerId" to the set of data sent to Adobe.

Here's what my code looks like:

insertJS("https://az725175.vo.msecnd.net/scripts/jsll-4.js", () => {
    const config = {
        coreData: {
            appId: "PlayFab_gamemanager_prod",
            market: "en-us",
        },
    };
    awa.init(config);
});

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Few questions to better understand your question -

Are you using DTM/Launch to add custom variable? or Do you want to add custom variable on app? and use processing rule to define custom variables.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Few questions to better understand your question -

Are you using DTM/Launch to add custom variable? or Do you want to add custom variable on app? and use processing rule to define custom variables.

Level 1
I'n sorry, I don't understand the options. I don't know how to use Omniture's web interface for reporting. Whichever way allows our marketing team the greatest level of flexibility in terms of finding and filtering users.

Community Advisor

Gotcha! To add a custom variable (let's say user id) in every page hit, you will need to first set userid in either cookie or data layer. once done you will need to use tag manager to read that user id and set a custom prop or evar with user id value on each page.