Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

How many pages are driving 50% of page views

Level 3

Dear All,

Could you please help.

I need to make a report on How many pages are driving 50% of page Views . 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I understand you correctly, you have a donut chart (based on 4 buckets); and those buckets represent groups of pages based on "URL contains".. 

In the donut chart itself, it will indicate the % split of those buckets...  

But if you need a full list of those URLs, you should be able to just use the segment for "contains X" to pull a full list of URLs...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not quite sure what sort of metric this is...  let's try using a small example... with a few pages:

• Page A - 15 page views
  • Page B - 10 page views
  • Page C - 5 page views

So we have 30 page views... 50% of the page views would be 15 page views... 

But depending on how I take from above.. if I take Page A.. that is 1 page driving 50% of Page View Traffic, but if I take Pages B and C, that is 2 pages driving 50% of Page View Traffic...

Both are legitimate ways to look at 50% of page view traffic, but the number of pages is very different...  

Your website will be far more complex than 3 pages... so there will be many ways to combine pages that represent 50% of your traffic.... 

Or am I mis-understanding the ask?

Level 3

Thank you @Jennifer_Dungan . 

Yes, you are right. 

The client requirement are:

View B1: Donut of Functions (pages in 50% bucket)

Bucket 1: URL includes /skills

Bucket 2: URL includes /designation

Bucket 3: URL includes /career

Bucket 4: URL includes /about-us

Could you please help, how we can do it?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If I understand you correctly, you have a donut chart (based on 4 buckets); and those buckets represent groups of pages based on "URL contains".. 

In the donut chart itself, it will indicate the % split of those buckets...  

But if you need a full list of those URLs, you should be able to just use the segment for "contains X" to pull a full list of URLs...