Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How do you refresh Segment form control to show newly created segments?

Level 2

I have a very powerful dashboard that our users love.  They love it so much that more and more folks are asking to use it.  The dashboard has a hidden sheet with all the variables my dashboard needs, including a Segment selector, which is a drop down form control.  I have created new segments for the new users, but the Segment drop down form control doesn't refresh.  I know that I can remove the form control and re-add it, and that will show all current segments.  Is there a way to 'force-refresh' the Segment form control?

Thanks,

Kathryn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kathryn.

The segment selector doesn't have a refresh option, since it is intended that the user wants to limit the shown segments to a few selected ones. If you want to add/remove more segments from the selector, you do not need to remove and re-add it. You can right-click on the selector and click "Report Builder Properties". This should give you a popup with the ability to select the segments you need.

-Hyder

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Kathryn.

The segment selector doesn't have a refresh option, since it is intended that the user wants to limit the shown segments to a few selected ones. If you want to add/remove more segments from the selector, you do not need to remove and re-add it. You can right-click on the selector and click "Report Builder Properties". This should give you a popup with the ability to select the segments you need.

-Hyder