Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How do I perform a case sensitive search in the Data Filter tool after a ranked report is created?

Level 1

I'm trying to add a section report to my dashboard. But before that, I have to filter the items shown in the report.

Unfortunately, I found if I use "equal to TV" as my criteria, the results returned could be any of "TV", "tV", "Tv" and "tv" since it's case insensitive.

Is there any solution to this problem? Or, if not, I hope adobe could consider adding this feature.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Zhang Leslie,

Report suites have moved toward case-insensitive reporting. This article explains it in further detail:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/home/index.html#kb-variable-case-sensitivity

Even if you were able to filter reports based on case, it would not return reliable results since only the first case per month is displayed in reporting.

Keep in mind you can also use segmentation as a filter, in addition to the basic reporting functionality.

---
If you found this answer helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Zhang Leslie,

Report suites have moved toward case-insensitive reporting. This article explains it in further detail:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/home/index.html#kb-variable-case-sensitivity

Even if you were able to filter reports based on case, it would not return reliable results since only the first case per month is displayed in reporting.

Keep in mind you can also use segmentation as a filter, in addition to the basic reporting functionality.

---
If you found this answer helpful, mark it with a 'heart'. If it answered your question, mark it correct.