Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

How can I design this customer journey flow in a segment?

Level 3

Here is the context: I have launched a campaign which users can access when they click on a certain custom link.

The flow is as follows:

User sees CTA > Clicks CTA > Directed to a privacy consent page > Agrees to consent by clicking a button > Directed to experience.

A number of users are facing one of two errors: In the loading of the consent page, and in the submission action on the consent page. These errors are broadly categorised as by an evar called Evar1: consent_start_error and consent_submit_error. If there is no error then Evar1 takes the value of "consent_success"

The specific type of error that they face is identified by another evar called Evar2: error300, error350, and error400.

In the report I want to design, I want to first identify all users who have faced this error, and then identify users who faced the error and then subsequently managed to get passed it.

The first scenario is fairly easy, I have a table as follows:

Metricsconsent_start_errorconsent_submit_error
Occurrences  
Evar2 (filtered on error300)  
         Error300  
            <Breakdown by user_ID>  

The second scenario is where I am struggling to understand if I am correctly capturing what is needed.

The segment I created is as follow:

It is defined at the "Visitor" level, then I create two separate "Hit" level containers.

It looks something like this -

Error_Success_Segment:

Include [Visitor]
    Container 1:
         evar2                   equals                   error300
Then
    Container 2:
         evar1                   equals                  consent_success   

Will this segment correctly identify all visitors who initially faced an error but then eventually had a successful consent submission?

I tried to use this segment in the first table I made, essentially looking like this:

Metricsconsent_start_errorconsent_submit_errorError_Success_Segment
Occurrences   
Evar2 (filtered on error300)   
         Error300   
            <Breakdown by user_ID>   

Does this get me what I am after?

I am confused if I should use Visitor, visit, or hit level segments and containers. And if I should specify any conditions on the "then" part of the flow.

(e.g., after/within). Furthermore, I am confused if I should be including consent_start_error or consent_submit_error in my segment.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

1 Reply

Administrator

@asdf12341z Very good question. I'm escalating this and looking internally here at Adobe to see if I can find an answer to your question.