Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Hover over graph - bug

Level 1

Hello, I hope you can help with the following issue

I'm working on a website dashboard and to visualize the data in a clear way I created multiple bar graphs which show the data per quarter. After the graph is created you can hover over the bars and then a grey pop up shows with the corresponding data for that period(see image attached).  But there seems to be a bug which deactivates  the mouseover possibility and after while the mousover does not work and there is no data shown. Do you have any experience with this issue? And do you know how to solve it?

Thanks for your help! 

421f6f1b-8b89-4a0b-85af-a14965c877fe.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are using Chrome... and you haven't customized your extensions to load in Incognito... can you try the report there? Incognito, unless you explicitly enable extensions there, should load with no extras... you can check if you still get the issue? 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I've not experienced such an issue. What browser are you using? Are you familiar with using your browsers console to see if there are any errors being logged when the issue starts to occur? Have you tried disabling your extensions, as one of them may be the cause of the issue?

Level 1

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your fast reply. 

I'm not familiar with the browser console, but I opened it to see what will happen if I duplicate the visualitzation (duplicating also causes to deactivate the mouseover) and then I noticed that this notification pops up every time: 

The resource (hidden link) was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.

I've removed the link which is mentioned since I'm not familiar with the tool and don't want to intentionally share data.  

Community Advisor

Ok, no worries, I get the need to not share stuff you aren't sure about....

Do you see this when it's working and when it's not? Or only once it fails?

I created a bar graph similar to what you showed to try and replicate the issue, but so far it's working for me....

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you are using Chrome... and you haven't customized your extensions to load in Incognito... can you try the report there? Incognito, unless you explicitly enable extensions there, should load with no extras... you can check if you still get the issue? 

Level 1

Yes, also when loading the report in Incognito I still face the same issue. I tried it in both in Edge and Chrome...

Whenever I enlarge the graph and reduce it the mouse over functionality is back again.