Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

getpageloadtime - Common analytics Plugin

Level 4

Hi Team,

I have been trying to store the previous page value and time that previous page took to load in separate variable by using the common analytics plugin extension. I have used the below approach as well as other method to store the value. However, the value of load time and previous page name is not capturing as expected from my tried approaches. 

Can anyone let me know the steps that is followed to implement this variables if you have done it successfully. Other approaches are also welcome. Please let me know if any.

Set Variables:

if(s.pageName) s.getPageLoadTime();
if(s._pltPreviousPage)
{
s.linkTrackEvents = "XXX";
s.linkTrackVars = "XXXX";
s.events = "XX";
s.propxx = s._pltLoadTime;
s.propxx = s._pltPreviousPage;
s.eVarxx = s._pltPreviousPage;
s.events = "eventxx=" + s._pltLoadTime;
s.clearVars();
}

Jayakrish_0-1619795666804.png

Thank you,

Jay.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4
Thanks for your reply. I haven't made any changes and the above said approach itself is working fine as expected. The one modification I did was, I have added the event in global page load rule to store the page load time and other variables in the same common analytics plugin rule itself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Instead of running this in a Rule action, try running this inside the Adobe Analytics extension's custom code. That location also probably makes the most sense because this plugin should be called when firing every pageview beacon.

Correct answer by
Level 4
Thanks for your reply. I haven't made any changes and the above said approach itself is working fine as expected. The one modification I did was, I have added the event in global page load rule to store the page load time and other variables in the same common analytics plugin rule itself.