Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

GET or POST method for PlayStation5 and Amazon Fire

Level 2

We deployed HTML5 app on the PS5 and Amazon Fire and use AppMeasurement library there. It was brought to our attention that Adobe requests for Amazon Fire are sent via GET method and PS5 via POST. We didn't make any changes to the Adobe library. However, we can observe the difference.  Is it expected behaviour? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't know specifically differences between apps... but I do know that even on the web, AppMeasurement has logic to switch from GET to POST based on the length of the server call... If the data will result in more than 2000 characters the method will switch to POST. It may be just that some of the device specific information that is included on those calls is just pushing the one over the threshold...

I have never noticed any difference in tracking via GET or POST, if that puts your mind at ease.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't know specifically differences between apps... but I do know that even on the web, AppMeasurement has logic to switch from GET to POST based on the length of the server call... If the data will result in more than 2000 characters the method will switch to POST. It may be just that some of the device specific information that is included on those calls is just pushing the one over the threshold...

I have never noticed any difference in tracking via GET or POST, if that puts your mind at ease.