Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

GeoCities Data question

Employee

Hi! We’ve run into a bit of a roadblock since the “Improved IP-to-geolocation mapping” which was release on Adobe Analytics on Jan 11 of this year. Since the IP lookups changes were not retroactive, we’re running into issues whereby our city-level data is not longer comparable year on year. The team is simply trying to understand the geographical mapping behind each city. We simply need to understand, as an example what territory is actually covered when we say ‘Munich’ or ‘Berlin’ or any other city across Europe. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Looking at that release note, Adobe is using NetAcuity Pulse for the IP to Geolocation lookup... you might have to contact them to understand what is what...

Or I supposed you could do a Raw Data or Data Warehouse export for last year vs this year, and review all the IPs that map differently and to what City they applied before and after the change?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Looking at that release note, Adobe is using NetAcuity Pulse for the IP to Geolocation lookup... you might have to contact them to understand what is what...

Or I supposed you could do a Raw Data or Data Warehouse export for last year vs this year, and review all the IPs that map differently and to what City they applied before and after the change?