Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Filtering on the line chart

Former Community Member

Hi, everybody!

nicklob_0-1649690373510.png

I applied a filter, but the line chart didn't change.
For a bar chart, this works.

Tell me, please, what could be the matter?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If your Line chart is based on the "2. (Business) PKO" row, then it won't change, because it's based on the "88,260" number.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If your Line chart is based on the "2. (Business) PKO" row, then it won't change, because it's based on the "88,260" number.

Community Advisor

Oh yes, I see it now. The only explanation that I can think of is that chart visualisations should be based off numbered row items, not these header-type rows.

I suggest bringing this up with Client Care to let them inform the Analytics engineering team about this.

Level 2

I've seen this as well and if someone has an answer that would be great.   The problem is not about selecting which row to have your line chart reflect data, it is more about using a FILTER on a row, then the line graph does not reflect that filtered data, only the total data (as if the filter was not applied) 

would love to hear if anyone knows how to work around this or if it is a bug (or enhancement) that Adobe is working on.