Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Filtering Branded and Unbranded keywords

Level 2

Hi all,

I am using Adobe dashboard to pull some data on paid search execution. I need to filter the paid search keywords by "Branded" vs. "Unbranded" - in pharma context.  I am trying to use the variable utm_campaign but it has multiple values with "branded" as a sub-string. Is there any way to apply segment filter for all values in utm_campaign that contain "branded"?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Vishal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

If I understand your question correctly, you are trying to categorize values of utm_campaign into two values "Branded" and "Unbranded". If you have multiple entries in your utm_campaign that has branded appended to it but you want to categorize it into just one word branded then you can use classification rule builder to create rules which classify everything that has the word "branded " in it as Branded.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

If I understand your question correctly, you are trying to categorize values of utm_campaign into two values "Branded" and "Unbranded". If you have multiple entries in your utm_campaign that has branded appended to it but you want to categorize it into just one word branded then you can use classification rule builder to create rules which classify everything that has the word "branded " in it as Branded.

Hope this helps!