Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

filter for 2nd page

Level 5

Hi, what would be the best way to filter for the second pages a user visits during his visit? Is that achievable?

I know that Hit Depth is available as dimension in segment builder, but I'm not sure how to use it, I applied it to the full paths report and I get paths with only 1 page, with more than 2 pages...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Understood, so a visit having more than 2 page views doesn't matter!

If you use the Hit Depth = 2, you are not limiting the visits to only show the hit with 2 hit depth, since a visit with visit depth of 3 will also have a hit with a depth of 2.

As for the visits with only one page views, is because a visit can have one page view and multiple hits (tracking call without pagenames/pageviews)

As for the resolution, you can use Report Builder and easily solve this. You will need to use paths reports and use string functions to get the value of the page.

-Hyder

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Alessandro,

The Hit is not the same as a PageView. If you are looking for visits with hit of depth 2, almost all visits may satsify it. Event for those visits with one Pageview, there might be a second hit which is not a pageview call.

From your question, I fell you are interested only in visits with two page views. If you are looking for all visits with ONLY two page views, then you should use the page view condition

Let me know if this is not the case.

-Hyder

Level 5

You are talking about tracking calls without pagename variable, right? 

Actually I wanted to see where the user goes after his first page view.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Understood, so a visit having more than 2 page views doesn't matter!

If you use the Hit Depth = 2, you are not limiting the visits to only show the hit with 2 hit depth, since a visit with visit depth of 3 will also have a hit with a depth of 2.

As for the visits with only one page views, is because a visit can have one page view and multiple hits (tracking call without pagenames/pageviews)

As for the resolution, you can use Report Builder and easily solve this. You will need to use paths reports and use string functions to get the value of the page.

-Hyder