Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Filter content by post/publish date?

Level 1

Newbie question here... I'm trying to put together a report comprised of page views over a period of times, for a set of pages that were posted within a period of time.

So e.g. I need to pull average page views per day for articles posted on our site between July and September of this year. 

Problem is, I can't seem to find a way to contain my search to publish date. Is there a way to filter in that way? We're not, to my knowledge, sending post date data from our CMS to Analytics, but it should be possible to estimate based on the first day a page started accumulating hits.

Can anyone help? Apologies if this is too rudimentary for this forum but I can't seem to find a way in here.

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Jeff,

If you trend the pages by day over the period in question that will allow you to see which ones first started to report between July and September. If you have access to Report Builder Excel Add In that will allow you to trend more than 5 line items to compare and determine which pages went live in the period. You are right that Adobe Analytics does not detect or store a live date unless set custom outside of end reporting.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Jeff,

If you trend the pages by day over the period in question that will allow you to see which ones first started to report between July and September. If you have access to Report Builder Excel Add In that will allow you to trend more than 5 line items to compare and determine which pages went live in the period. You are right that Adobe Analytics does not detect or store a live date unless set custom outside of end reporting.

Best,

Brian

Level 1

Makes sense. We'll give it a shot.

Another newbie question: is the Excel addon a free thing or do we need to buy? 

Thanks much

Jeff

Employee

Hi Jeff,

It depends on the specific Adobe solutions contracted by your company, but Report Builder is included if you have the Adobe Analytics Standard or Premium package.

Best,

Brian