Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Filter by referrer url via segments

Level 1

After creating a segment with Referrer containing all of "techcrunch.com/2015/02/25/airpr-sells-its-pr-marketplace", I applied the segment in Referrers report (attached), but the report contains the referrers that are nothing to do with the url that I specified in the segment. I was expecting to see only the referrers containing "techcrunch.com/2015/02/25/airpr-sells-its-pr-marketplace" in the report.

DataWarehouse request API with the segment id is also generating the same report - full of non-relevant referrers like locahost:3000, etc. along with the correct referrers.

Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The results should be the same via the API, but I can't tell from the provided information if there is an issue with construction in the API query. If you feel there is an issue then Customer Care may be able to review further.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Was the segment construction around a visit container or a hit container?

If it was around a visit construction that will pull in all referrers at any time over the course of the visit for those visits at one point associated with "techcrunch.com/2015/02/25/airpr-sells-its-pr-marketplace". Since the referrer persists for the entire visit unless overwritten therefore you will potentially pull in other referrers.

Best,

Brian

Level 1

Ah, I was using a visit container. I will try a hit container. Thanks!

Level 1

Brian, I changed the container type to HIT(PAGE) from web portal and now the referrers report shows only the url that I specified in the segment.

However, when I created and downloaded the report using the API, it has referrers that do not match the url specified in the segment.

I am using Datawarehouse.Request call and here is my params:

parameters = {
        "rsid"=>"xxx",
        'Breakdown_List' => ['?ref_type_v2','referrer_domain_v3','referrer'],
        "Contact_Name"=>"xxx",
        "Contact_Phone"=>"xxx",
        'Date_From' => '02/01/14',
        'Date_Granularity' => 'day',
        'Date_Preset' => '',
        'Date_To' => '03/16/15',
        'Date_Type' => 'range',
        'Email_Subject' => 'test',
        'Email_To' => 'xxx@xxx.com',
        'FTP_Dir' => '',
        'FTP_Host' => 'send_via_api',
        'FTP_Password' => '',
        'FTP_Port' => '22',
        'FTP_UserName' => '',
        'File_Name' => 'test',
        'Metric_List' => ['visitors','revenue'],
        'Report_Description' => 'test',
        'Report_Name' => 'test',
        'Segment_Id' => '12345678'
      }

Is it a bug?

Correct answer by
Employee

The results should be the same via the API, but I can't tell from the provided information if there is an issue with construction in the API query. If you feel there is an issue then Customer Care may be able to review further.

Best,

Brian

Level 1

Thanks Brian.

Using referrer_v2 fixed my problem...

'Breakdown_List' => ['?ref_type_v2','referrer_domain_v3','referrer_v2'],