Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Filter by dimensions on fetch of data

Level 1

Hi, 
I'm connecting Adobe analytics to Power BI (have also checked pbi forum - someone referred me here). I want to filter items on import (otherwise dataset is too large). I want to include two values for "Marketing Channel 1D MR". Those are "SocialMedia" and "SocialMediaOwned". 
I've tried with applyparameter at end of code but i'm getting below error;

Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.
Details:
Key=
Id=variables/evar31.1
Table=[Table]

Have included code used below - error coming from last part - applyparameter. If anyone has an idea if I can do this/what code should be, would be much appreciated. 

= Cube.Transform(vrs_landse0_landsendcomprodcda,
        {
            {Cube.ApplyParameter, "DateRange", {#date(2022, 10, 25), #date(2022, 10, 25)}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "DateGranularity", {"variables/daterangeday"}, {"Date Granularity.Level 3: Day"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "variables/evar31.1", {"variables/evar31.1"}, {"Marketing Channel 1D MR"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "variables/campaign", {"variables/campaign"}, {"Tracking Code [campaign]"}},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Orders [purchase]", "metrics/orders"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Revenue [purchase]", "metrics/revenue"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Units [purchase]", "metrics/units"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Visits", "metrics/visits"},
            {Cube.ApplyParameter, "variables/evar31.1", {{"SocialMedia", "SocialMediaOwned"}}}
        })
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I don't use Power BI, I did a quick search and I wonder if this would be better served using a Segment?

It looks like you can create a segment inside Adobe Analytics (and test that the data you want is returned), then use that segment (so long as the Power BI user has permissions to see and use the segment) in your Power BI call.

To get the segment ID, if you go into Adobe Analytics Components > Segments, and open the segment you want, you can see the segment ID in the URL. It should be the last part of the url path, starting with a lowercase s

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I don't use Power BI, I did a quick search and I wonder if this would be better served using a Segment?

It looks like you can create a segment inside Adobe Analytics (and test that the data you want is returned), then use that segment (so long as the Power BI user has permissions to see and use the segment) in your Power BI call.

To get the segment ID, if you go into Adobe Analytics Components > Segments, and open the segment you want, you can see the segment ID in the URL. It should be the last part of the url path, starting with a lowercase s