Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

File Downloads by users

Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to create a report that shows file downloads by user (email)? The report suite is for an INTERNAL tool so it is possible to pull user email. I just don't know how to connect file downloads back to user email.

So I would be looking for a report that shows the file download URL, user email, and the instances that person downloaded the file.

If this is not possible, is it possible to create a report that shows user email by which specific page URL they viewed/visited? If yes, how?

Please help!

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi NatSalehi​,

Page URL is not by default available in Reports & Analytics UI reports. Hence, you would have to pass them as well in a custom variable and then apply breakdown with the variable in which you store Email IDs.

You can also try Data Warehouse reports where Page URL is by default available and you can apply breakdown with the variable storing Email IDs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi natsalehi​,

Email IDs are PII information and hence it is highly recommended that you don't have it in your reporting data.

If that is not an issue at your end, you can allocate a variable to pass the Email IDs in the hits to Analytics for File Downloads. If the File Downloads are being captured through custom links, you need to add the variable storing Email ID to s.linkTrackVars. You can refer to the article below for more information:

s.linkTrackVars

Level 1

Hi Kaushalendra

The reporting will only remain internal so it is not an issue.

The email IDs should already be set-up to capture on our pages. But what I am asking for help on is how to set-up this report in Adobe Analytics. Which report do I use? And how do I include both email AND URL to show up?

Thank you!

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi NatSalehi​,

Page URL is not by default available in Reports & Analytics UI reports. Hence, you would have to pass them as well in a custom variable and then apply breakdown with the variable in which you store Email IDs.

You can also try Data Warehouse reports where Page URL is by default available and you can apply breakdown with the variable storing Email IDs.