Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Fetch Exits Metrics using Reporting APIs for Ranked Reports - C#

Level 2

Hi Team,

I have been trying to fetch the Exits metrics using Reporting API for Ranked Reports .. But didn't work.

Couple of ?s on this:

Question 1: Could I get the Exits metric for the below breakdowns(elements)? 

reportDescription reportDesc = new reportDescription();

// Set the ReportSuiteID
            reportDesc.reportSuiteID = "questdsgsupportStage";

reportDesc.date = "2014-06-05";

// Set the Metrics
            reportDesc.metrics = new reportDefinitionMetric[1];

reportDesc.metrics[0] = new reportDefinitionMetric();
            reportDesc.metrics[0].id = "Exits";

// Set the Elements
            reportDesc.elements = new reportDefinitionElement[5];

reportDesc.elements[0] = new reportDefinitionElement();
            reportDesc.elements[0].id = "Page";
            reportDesc.elements[0].startingWith = 1;
            reportDesc.elements[0].top = 20;

reportDesc.elements[1] = new reportDefinitionElement();
            reportDesc.elements[1].id = "prop4"; // locale (Custom defined Element)

reportDesc.elements[2] = new reportDefinitionElement();
            reportDesc.elements[2].id = "Prop32";  // Page Location  (Custom defined element)

reportDesc.elements[3] = new reportDefinitionElement();
            reportDesc.elements[3].id = "Prop22";  // Product  (Custom defined element)

But it didn't throw any exception. But APIs returns Zero for all the rows(around 2000) for Exits metric.

Question 2: Since the above option didn't return the desired results so tried another option. Tried adding additional element named Exit Pages as the last element (breakdown) in the 

elements list along with the other breakdowns(Page / Page Location / Product / Locale) and add the PageViews as metrics to get the exits... 

But Reporting APIs throws an Status as 'Invalid Element (Exit Page)..

I had tried to give "PageExits" / "PageExit"' / "ExitPages" / "ExitPage" / Exit_Page - but didn't work. It keep saying that its an invalid element..

Please suggest me how I could get the exits metrics for Ranked Reports using Reporting APIs.

Thanks in Advance,
Rama

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Since this is an older post, I'll assume you were able to solve this issue. If others find this post, please refer to the latest documentation - https://www.adobe.io/apis/experiencecloud/analytics/docs.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Since this is an older post, I'll assume you were able to solve this issue. If others find this post, please refer to the latest documentation - https://www.adobe.io/apis/experiencecloud/analytics/docs.html