Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Extension for unique value limit for dimensions

Level 2

I have few dimensions in which the unique value limit of 500,000 is crossed within a month and a lot of information is within Low-Traffic bucket.

1. If I raise a client care request to increase it to 1milllion what will be the additional cost for this?

2. Is 1 million the only next threshold or it can be increased beyond this?

Thanks

Parm

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There shouldn't be a cost to this change.

You have to specify which dimensions you want to raise the threshold on (so just have a list of dimensions handy when you make the request), they don't blanket raise it on all (which makes sense, since there are likely a lot of props or eVars that don't come close to the thresholds).

I am not sure what the limit is, but I had several dimensions raised to 2 million. So I know they can do that without issue. I don't even know if it's by set values, or just what you ask for... client care would know that better... 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There shouldn't be a cost to this change.

You have to specify which dimensions you want to raise the threshold on (so just have a list of dimensions handy when you make the request), they don't blanket raise it on all (which makes sense, since there are likely a lot of props or eVars that don't come close to the thresholds).

I am not sure what the limit is, but I had several dimensions raised to 2 million. So I know they can do that without issue. I don't even know if it's by set values, or just what you ask for... client care would know that better... 

Employee

Hi @Parm2 , 

There is no 'end' unique limit per se however, increasing any variable's limit beyond 1M can have reporting issues. You can get it increased to 1M,2M,5M, etc. 
Also, as Jennifer right mentioned, there are no additional costs involved. 

Community Advisor

As other said no limit but it will create reporting issues.

If you want all the values you might want to use Data Warehouse or even data feed that might be best suited to do your analysis

Community Advisor

Right, you might have issues.. but you also might not. I have not had any issues, nor has another company I know of that is using 2 million.

You won't know unless you try. If you have issues, you can always set it back to the default.

@Alexis_Cazes_ is right, if you need to see ALL the data, then the Data Warehouse or Date Feeds are the way to go.. but there are valid reasons to increase the limits for day to day reporting and it's worth trying.

Level 2

Thanks everyone, this was helpful.

The cost was the biggest concern that the client had and now we will consider report performance and DW feeds while designing the solution.