Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

eVars not available in Adobe Launch Rule

Level 1

I have a weird problem. I had set up the eVars in Report Suite but those are not available or reflected in Adobe Launch Rules Section to use. I am not sure what would have been the reason behind it. I would really appreciate any help on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ensure that you're using the same login with both Adobe Analytics and Adobe Launch. Furthermore, ensure that you're working in the same organisation with both Adobe Analytics and Adobe Launch.

In your Analytics extension in Adobe Launch, if you did not configure the report suite through the available dropdown, then you will also not be able to see any of your configured eVars (and props and success events) in the Set Variables action. But not to worry, you can still set your values accordingly, just ensure that you're setting them with the correct eVars (and props and success events).

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ensure that you're using the same login with both Adobe Analytics and Adobe Launch. Furthermore, ensure that you're working in the same organisation with both Adobe Analytics and Adobe Launch.

In your Analytics extension in Adobe Launch, if you did not configure the report suite through the available dropdown, then you will also not be able to see any of your configured eVars (and props and success events) in the Set Variables action. But not to worry, you can still set your values accordingly, just ensure that you're setting them with the correct eVars (and props and success events).

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did cross-check and found out that I am using the same login both in Launch and Analytics with the same organisation credentials. Moreover, the correct Report Suite has been selected in the extension. The eVars are available correctly in the Adobe Workspace for reports but, suprisingly  only the default eVars are available in the Set Variables of Rules in Adobe Launch.

Community Advisor

In addition to this, when you say that the eVars aren't available, what exactly do you mean? Are you saying that the configured Name of the eVar doesn't show in the Rule builder? How long ago did you add the eVars? It may take time for the names to propagate from the configuration... 

However, regardless of whether or not the name shows up, you should still be able to choose the eVar by the number (i.e. eVar27) and have the data send properly to your suite... the name is just a helpful way to ensure you have chosen the correct eVar, but it's not required...

Also, if you are using a Data Element to set your suite in your extension.. (which you can do if you need additional logic to switch the suite beyond the normal behaviours), you will never see any names appear in the rule... this is because the Data Elements don't execute until the code is actually loaded onto a website (just in case this is part of your implementation, I didn't want to rule it out).

Level 1

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I meant the configured Name of the eVar doesn't show in the Rule builder. Also, to answer your other question, I added the eVars 18 hrs ago.

I am not using any Data Element to set the suite in the extension.

At this point even I am thinking It might take time for the names to propagate from the configuration. So, I am waiting and will update!

Community Advisor

Ok, hopefully they show up soon! I don't recall how long it takes...I believe that there may be a heavy cache on this, since changes aren't happening every day (unless of course you are setting up a new suite...) so to improve performance they don't make "live pulls" for the dimensions every time you are in your rules...

But as I said, if you know that it's eVar18, you can set it without seeing the name.. and you should start seeing the results in your data.

Level 1

Update: The eVars are now visible in Set Variables Action of Launch. Thanks all for the quick response.