Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

eVar persisting across page

Level 2

I have a scenario that eVar has to be persisted to next page. But i am not sure how to configure eVar, event and use it for my scenario. Here is the detail

1. I have calcualtePage, user has the ability to enter values and choose whether netpay or cross pay and they can click calculate button [ here i want to capture Calculate button click along with netpay or corsspay selection]. After user click calculate, this will lead to another page called record

2. In Record page user can click record button. This will save calculated value. [ here i need to capture record button click].

The requirement is how many time user click calculate button and choose netpay or crosspay ( I was able to achieve that, calculate click is pagename and netpay or crosspay is stored in prop29). 

Another requirement is how many time user click record button and list based on netpay or cross pay( here netpay or cross pay is in previous screen, so i was thinking i can set eVar29 = crosspay or netpay in previous screen and this value will be persisted in next screen and i am planning to expire eVar29 in recrod screen, but when i configure evar29 and expire after record event, I am not seeing eVar29 is persisted in next screen  ). 

It is really appreciated if you can help me on this. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can try the method below to achieve your results:

First Image request - pagename for the 1st page 

Second Image request - evarXX for netpay/crosspay , link tracking eventYY for click on calculate button event

Third Image Request - Triggered on pageload of second page which contains the pagename

Fourth Image Request - link tracking eventZZ for record button event 

let me know if it works for you,

Regards,

TM

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

What I understand from your query, you have set evar29 on the CalculatePage and want to expire it on the RecordPage. 

Since the evar29 does not persist in your next screen, maybe your record event has fired before it. I would request you to check when your record event fires.

Let us know your findings. 

Additionally you could also check out this documentation on setting up evars - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/conversion_var_admin.html

Regards,

TM

Level 2

Thank you for your response. 

Record event is in second screen. evar29 is set in first screen. I am suspecting the way i set event is wrong?.

Here is my code

• Screen1 ( Calculate Click)

s.pagename = 'CalculateClick';

s.evar29 = 'netpay';

s.t();

• Screen2 (Record Click)

s.pagename = 'RecordClick'

s.events = 'event1';

s.t();

and in the evar29 i have set Expire After 'event1' 

Level 10

Hi,

Sorry for replying late.

Were you able to find a solution to this? Or does the problem still persist?

If it isn't solved yet, let us know. We would want to close this as soon as possible

Kind Regards

TM

Level 2

I couldnot resolve this by eVar persistent. I was repopulating value again in second screen. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

You can try the method below to achieve your results:

First Image request - pagename for the 1st page 

Second Image request - evarXX for netpay/crosspay , link tracking eventYY for click on calculate button event

Third Image Request - Triggered on pageload of second page which contains the pagename

Fourth Image Request - link tracking eventZZ for record button event 

let me know if it works for you,

Regards,

TM