Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Equals Any Of (comma delimited) for User Agent (which contains commas)

Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I am trying to exclude additional users agents which we found were bots. We have over 40 of these user agents for each month starting in 2021, so it would be very manual to upload 1 by 1. Equals Any Of is comma delimited but the user agent contains multiple commas throughout.

For example I have user agent 1 which is something like google, linux, 78.92020 and user agent 2 which is like apple, webx, 80.3930. When I try to exclude these using equals any of it thinks that it is 6 conditions rather than 2. I have tried to wrap them in quotation marks but it didn't exclude them. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you so much in advance this would be a time saver as every month we need to update this filter.  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What about creating classification rules... identify the problematic user agents with classifications... apply a classification of "bot", then create a filter to exclude traffic from that classification?

Then your segment rules are cleaner... and you can even use the Classification Importer to do bulk uploads?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

What about creating classification rules... identify the problematic user agents with classifications... apply a classification of "bot", then create a filter to exclude traffic from that classification?

Then your segment rules are cleaner... and you can even use the Classification Importer to do bulk uploads?