Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Enable more features within view-only access on workspace

Level 1

I am building a dashboard where we'd like the end user to only have view-only access (we don't want them to have the ability to add visuals or manipulate them, duplicate-access isn't an option). 

However, we'd like them to still be able to use the calendar selector, filters like narrowing down to URL strings, and the Quick Insights section. When we restrict to view-only, these features get disabled. 

Is there a way to modify the features that are disabled?

Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

I agree that some of the features as discussed like calendar selector and filters for dimensions in freeform tables should be available for view-only users. This has been a challenge for our organization because we have folks who need flexibility with date ranges (that is impossible to address with a manageable number of custom date ranges) and would like to search for certain page titles and URLs without having to browse through hundreds or thousands of rows. We also do not want them to have edit access and be able to permanently alter the project because it is shared with other users.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@cassidy327 View access = exporting in PDF or sending reports to the users.

However, this idea is currently being actively discussed to introduce to Workspace: Ability to Share Workspace Project as READ ONLY

I would recommend participating in that idea thread, particularly around the survey towards the bottom of the idea comments!

Employee Advisor

Unfortunately there is not a way to modify the features that are disabled by Workspace projects that are shared with View Only access. The complete list of disabled/enabled interactions are here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/curate-share/view-only-...

Note that you can utilize Segment Dropdowns to provide your end users with some level of interactions. Even Date Ranges, for example. Hope that helps!

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

I agree that some of the features as discussed like calendar selector and filters for dimensions in freeform tables should be available for view-only users. This has been a challenge for our organization because we have folks who need flexibility with date ranges (that is impossible to address with a manageable number of custom date ranges) and would like to search for certain page titles and URLs without having to browse through hundreds or thousands of rows. We also do not want them to have edit access and be able to permanently alter the project because it is shared with other users.