Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Editing segments in shared workspace report

Level 1

Hello,

I am currently trying to set up a campaign dashboard template using workspace. The idea behind that is that my stakeholders can use this template to report on their campaigns. In order to get it set up they should just update the segments I have created with their specific page names etc.

My problem is that when I share the link of the project with someone this person is not able to edit the segments in the report. I tried to safe the shared project with safe as but I am still not able to update the segments.

Is there an option to share the report so that the persons I sent the link to are also able to edit the segments in the workspace report individually for themselves?

Thank you very much for your help.

Sven

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There are a couple things you can do with some relatively recent Workspace features:

• Use a curated project - Create all the segments the end user needs. That way they don't need to edit any segments, and they readily have a list of the segments that make the most sense to the report.
  • Use Panels - these allow you to basically have a dropdown containing a bunch of difference values you'd like to include in the report.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

You need to share your segments under "Components" tab > Segments and In the Segment Manager, mark the checkbox next to the segment you want to share. The segment management tool bar appears:segmentscopy.PNG

Select the user to whom you want to share and click Share.

For more info is at: Sharing Segments

Hope it helps

Level 1

I'm an Administrator and even when I share my segments with "All" in my organization, only other Administrators are able to edit shared segments. Those who are at User level can only view and apply segments, but not edit or 'Save As'.

Is it possible for those who are Users to be able to edit or 'Save As' a segment.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There are a couple things you can do with some relatively recent Workspace features:

• Use a curated project - Create all the segments the end user needs. That way they don't need to edit any segments, and they readily have a list of the segments that make the most sense to the report.
  • Use Panels - these allow you to basically have a dropdown containing a bunch of difference values you'd like to include in the report.

Level 1

This still doesn't resolve the issue. When new pages get added to the workspace for example, I'd like other people to update those segments with new page urls or page names, so I don't have to do it