Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Launch Build date & turbine build date differ by days?

Level 2
  1. buildDate: "2022-04-12T08:07:05Z"
  2. minified: true
  3. turbineBuildDate: "2022-04-04T18:33:44Z"
  4. turbineVersion: "27.2.1"

hi - does anyone know, why - when using _satellite in Chrome developer tools console - Build Date & turbine Build Date do differ so widely...

in my case 4 Days?

the respective tracked Site is: friedhoefewien.at (to be startet with www(punkt))

And - as I have read before:

the today's tracking results are from that a older date, even in the reports. So there is really still that very old version out. 

and it is not a question of: what does it do on my machine, but what is happing outside in the world.

is there anything wrong with Launch?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

hi - once again....

today rolling out worked....by some kind of workaround.

I just changed something minor in Data Elements and rolled out.

All of a sudden, now all new Tags - including die new Data Element from today are working.....

so my Idea is...if something like the situation before April 13 is happening...you do not see your changes (not on your own machine ... there are quite many things to look after) - but in the tracking request shown in AA Reporting interface....

=> then just rollout "something" new...at least a data element you won't use, to get the system working again....

br, claudia

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

1st thing to QA. Are you pushing to prod all latest versions of code changes?

2nd does your company use and CDN or Akemai style of caching that could be messing things up?

I went to site and saw

'production : Tue Apr 12 2022 04:07:05 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)'

3rd could it be a local cahe issue on your machine or some VPN type of connection issue?

Is there some script that is taking and being run so turbine is mimifying the code? Perhaps it has a longer delay?

GLTU

Level 2

hi, thanks,

but as I wrote above:

I see from tracking results in Adobe Analytics interface that there are still the old tags "working" and not the new ones. 

=> I changed the naming of Custom links to be tracked. 

And it did not change after last publishing to productive environment, which was on April 12.

it still - also today - is working in a way that was published before April 4.

from the topic CDN or Akemai:

I just use the possibilites of Adobe, so just use "Hosts: managed by Adobe => so Akamai". 

br claudia

Correct answer by
Level 2

hi - once again....

today rolling out worked....by some kind of workaround.

I just changed something minor in Data Elements and rolled out.

All of a sudden, now all new Tags - including die new Data Element from today are working.....

so my Idea is...if something like the situation before April 13 is happening...you do not see your changes (not on your own machine ... there are quite many things to look after) - but in the tracking request shown in AA Reporting interface....

=> then just rollout "something" new...at least a data element you won't use, to get the system working again....

br, claudia