Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Edit right for shared project

Level 2

Hello,

If I share a project to my colleagues, only the admin can edit and save it.

All other users can only "save as".

Can you please let me know what is the permission to give them the right to do this?

Thank you,

Vadim

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Dear KR,

Yes, if you are an Admin you need to grant the access to the users as per the below screenshot

Capture3.JPG

In Adobe Analytics Workspace, you cannot give them read/write only access.

If the user has the Permission that includes 'Analysis Workspace Access' and 'Analysis Workspace:Save As Template', they can Save and edit your Workspace project.

If the user has the Permission that only includes 'Analysis Workspace Access' and not 'Analysis Workspace:Save As Template', they can only 'Save As' or 'Copy' the Project in their Dashboard to edit.

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Kumararaja K

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

A shared project can save their changes as a new project (save as...). They are not able to save changes in the original project. Until you share your login credential.

You can even share the project link, can be open if your colleagues have a login.

1787336_pastedImage_0.png

Please check on this link https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/curate-share/curate.html

Thanks,

Balaji

Level 2

Hi Balaji_V,

With my account (admin), I can edit any other shared project. Should I then give admin rights to every one?

KR

Level 5

Dear KR,

In default, workspace provides an editing option when the project shared to anyone, so no need to grant any additional access.

however, the changes made by the other users will not affect the original project.

Thanks,

Balaji

Level 2

I'm sorry but you are not replying to my question.

I do not want to "save as" and every time create a other version of the shared project.

I want that all my team works together on the same shared project. I want to be able to affect the original project.

What access should I give them for this?

Thank you for your help,

Vadim

Employee

If you Add user account in Admin tab of the product profile that user account will automatically get the permission to edit the workspace project shared with them. However, normal user only get option to "save as" option for the project shared by admin user account.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Dear KR,

Yes, if you are an Admin you need to grant the access to the users as per the below screenshot

Capture3.JPG

In Adobe Analytics Workspace, you cannot give them read/write only access.

If the user has the Permission that includes 'Analysis Workspace Access' and 'Analysis Workspace:Save As Template', they can Save and edit your Workspace project.

If the user has the Permission that only includes 'Analysis Workspace Access' and not 'Analysis Workspace:Save As Template', they can only 'Save As' or 'Copy' the Project in their Dashboard to edit.

Hope this Helps

Regards,

Kumararaja K

Employee Advisor

Co-editing among non-admins is now available through project sharing roles - https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/curate-share/share-proje...

Admins can also co-edit, just as before.