Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Dynatrace integration into Analytics

Level 1

I would like to create a connection between our company's Dynatrace account and feed the data to Adobe Analytics.
The link below appears to indicate that a connection can be made between Dynatrace and AEM. Is this possible? 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/usi....

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hmm we don't have AEM or Dynatrace, but I have seen a Dynatrace demo (quite a few years ago)... I am not sure what all their system can do right now, but maybe you could help us understand what sort of Analytics <> Dynatrace connection you are trying to make... what sort of information are you trying to gather from it that you would like to track?

Do you have a technical lead at Dynatrace who can also help support this initiative?

While not working with this tool specifically, when I start to work on any third-party integration, the first thing I look for is:

• are there any events / hooks / etc that I can listen for?
  • is there a data layer or variables that I can read?
  • are there any cookies / session variable / local storage that I can read from?

If the tool has information that I can natively read and use, then I will start to test what I can do; if not, do I need my developers to make some code on the server to create a bridge between the service and tracking... so I have them do the connection and extraction, then have them provide the information somewhere where I can access it...

Good luck!

Community Advisor

All I did with Dynatrace in the past was implement the JavaScript tracking code to websites with Adobe Launch, instead of any direct integration between Dynatrace and Adobe Analytics.

Dynatrace is a tool for performance monitoring which is quite different from the user behaviour analysis by Adobe Analytics. Moreover, there are no custom configurations (or very simple) in Dynatrace to map and store all the custom dimensions and metrics from Adobe Analytics, which makes the integration (if exists) not much useful.