Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Does tracking of html. file extension possible?

Level 1

Can I track the click occured by html. file extension ? 

To be clear, I want to track the traffic made by website with html. file extension.

www.ooooo.com/ooo.html   --- click --->   My website

If it is possible, how can I structure the workspace?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking, and your diagram isn't really helping.

@hanseo wrote:

www.ooooo.com/ooo.html   --- click --->   My website

This to me looks like:

• tracking a page view on www.ooooo.com/ooo.html
  • then tracking a click action
  • then tracking the website that is loaded....

I don't really understand where "tracking of html file" comes into the equation here....

Is www.ooooo.com/ooo.html your site?  Or is this an external site that is linking to your website that you are trying to understand the sites sending traffic to your website?

If the second, what difference does it make if the extension is .html?  IF the click from the website to your own isn't suppressing referrers (rel="noreferrer noopener"), then the referrer should be captured by Adobe Analytics by default, and you can see all sites sending traffic to your site without any additional code.

Perhaps I am missing something. I would like to help you, but to do so I really need to understand what you are trying to achieve.

Level 1

Sorry for the confusion, http://www.ooooo.com/ooo.html is external site. 

The thing i want to see is

- how many visits have been made through http://www.ooooo.com/ooo.htm on my website.

I'm just learning Adobe Analytics, so I'm not good at structuring workspace yet.
So I was wondering if I could break down this traffic at "URL" dimension, but I could not.

If there's any other metric or segment that I can utilize?

Thanks for your support.

Community Advisor

You might want to use the referrer dimension. This should give you the same value as in document.referrer in the browser.

In some instances it might not be the one that started the navigation to your site as there can be redirects in-between so please bear this in mind. If you do have redirects on your side you will need to ask the developers to persist original referrer.