Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Does Conditional Formatting Work on All Columns When Setting Custom Limits ?

Level 2

I have selected multiple columns in a Workspace freeform table and applied Conditional Formatting

By default all rows in all columns receive formatting when the Conditional Formatting is set to Auto-generated

When switching the limits to Custom, only the header rows receive Conditional Formatting

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This "works as designed", means if you select "auto-generate" it will look at each column seperately, detect high/low and add color. same happens to breakdowns where it calculates the new high/low (high/low based of the breakdown of a single column!)

but when you change formatting to "custom", it will take the high/low only for the first level, not for any breakdowns you have. I guess the reason is that it there are a lot of cases where the custom high/low doen't make sense and would mess up the picture ...

jen.lasser​ are there any ideas/plans to change this?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This "works as designed", means if you select "auto-generate" it will look at each column seperately, detect high/low and add color. same happens to breakdowns where it calculates the new high/low (high/low based of the breakdown of a single column!)

but when you change formatting to "custom", it will take the high/low only for the first level, not for any breakdowns you have. I guess the reason is that it there are a lot of cases where the custom high/low doen't make sense and would mess up the picture ...

jen.lasser​ are there any ideas/plans to change this?

Employee Advisor

Urs is correct. Conditional formatting only applies to breakdown rows when "auto" is selected. We disable conditional formatting for "manual". We have a backlog item to address this, no release date yet though.

Level 2

Hi Jen - Is there anywhere that we can possibly vote for this feature? All of our business reporting looks at green as positive, and red as negative, so we use conditional formatting to obtain that. Would love to be able to show results by region and country utilizing the breakdown with conditional formatting!

Level 2
Hi Jen - Thanks for the clarification. Is there any plan/roadmap to release this complete custom conditional formatting solution for 'manual' ? Let us know if we(as customers) can vote for this feature? We have seen that the 'auto' formatting seem to be a bit confusing at times & max./min. distribution do not seem to look appropriate all the time. Thanks!