Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Discrepancy in Unique Visitors data when using different breakdown methods

Level 1

I notice a peculiar discrepancy in data when I try to break down the same metric - the number of Unique Visitors - via two different methods:

1. Breakdown by User Account Name, an upper table - it gives me somewhat correct data (the numbers match the real number of clients and users that we know from other sources)

2. Breakdown by Month (or any alternative date variable like Day, Month of the Year, etc.), a lower table - the data for the two periods of the last two years have too high numbers (there's 100% confidence that there weren't so many users back then).

Why does the second breakdown show so high numbers and how could it be fixed?

Eventually, I want to have a correct breakdown by Month to make a simple line chart showcasing the monthly number of Unique Visitors for each of the last 3 years.

P.S. I utilized the same breakdown approach for two other products and their AA suites gave me correct numbers, no issues like this one were noticed.

Screenshot 2024-09-30 132820.png

0 Replies