Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Dimension 'Cookie Support'

Level 2

Hi There,

Want to inquire something about the Adobe analytics dimension ‘Cookie Support

Dimension items

Dimension items include Enabled , Disabled , and Unknown .

• Enabled : The browser supports cookies, and has them enabled.
  • Disabled : The browser does not support cookies, or the visitor disabled them.
  • Unknown : AppMeasurement could not determine cookie support. The k query string was not present in the image request.

Sorry that I couldn't fully understanding the meaning above,

I would like to know in which case the value is collected as ‘Enabled, Disabled or Unknown’(Any Examples) ?

Also, as in website, there would be different types of cookies like -- Performance(Functional), Analytics, and Advertising cookies

Is this dimension specifically referring to any type of them?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @panj75843567 ,

The 'Cookie support' dimension reports if the browser supports cookies for a hit. It is useful to determine the ratio of visitors who use browsers that support cookies, and those who have disabled the cookies.

This dimension collects data from the 'k' parameter in image requests. AppMeasurement tries to set a cookie named s_cc , then detects if the cookie exists.

So, if your browser is configured to accept the cookies then this parameter will set to 'Y' as shown below.

image.png

However, if you configure your browser not to accept the cookies then the 'k' parameter will set to N.

But, if the s_cc cookie is not set in your browser or 'k' parameter is not set in the server call then this dimension will be set to 'Unknown' line item.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @panj75843567 ,

The 'Cookie support' dimension reports if the browser supports cookies for a hit. It is useful to determine the ratio of visitors who use browsers that support cookies, and those who have disabled the cookies.

This dimension collects data from the 'k' parameter in image requests. AppMeasurement tries to set a cookie named s_cc , then detects if the cookie exists.

So, if your browser is configured to accept the cookies then this parameter will set to 'Y' as shown below.

image.png

However, if you configure your browser not to accept the cookies then the 'k' parameter will set to N.

But, if the s_cc cookie is not set in your browser or 'k' parameter is not set in the server call then this dimension will be set to 'Unknown' line item.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 2

Hi Kainth, 
Could you kindly show how to get the 'k' value ? (if possible to show in www.lg.com/cl )
Since not familiar with this field in my end,

Thanks in advance,

Level 6

Hi @panj75843567,

I have tested on your web site URL: https://www.lg.com/cl & can see that the 'k' parameter is getting set on your web site if my broswer is configured to accept the cookies as shown below.

image.png

Since your implementation is via Adobe Launch so, this dimension works out of the box.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 2

Hi Kainth, 
Thanks for your assist above, and think it's near to close the case except below one thing:
As it's saide the 'k' parameter could be valued 'Y' or 'N'
While I can only get the value 'Y' from my check,
Is there any case to see the 'N' value for 'k' parameter ?
( have shutdown 1st party cookies in browser >> No 'k' parameter could be seen)
( have shutdown 3rd party cookies in browser >> 'k' pararmeter with 'Y' value)
( have shutdown the analytic cookies in webpage >> No 'k' parameter could be seen)

below is website I test:  lg.com/fr

Thanks again~

panj75843567_0-1596073155997.png

Level 6

Hi @panj75843567,

If you disable your browser cookies from the browser settings you will notice that the 'k' parameter will appear with N value.

kainth_0-1596119382782.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav

Level 4

Cookie Support report groups mobile device hits by whether they support cookies or not. Visitors are divided into groups the support cookies and groups that do not. The type of mobile device is identified in the user agent string.Since this cookie is set up within browser, it can be available for mobile/non-mobile devices.

Adobe maintains a list of mobile devices that are known to support cookies. If the mobile device listed in the user agent string is also listed in Adobe's list of mobile devices, then the Supported line item in the Cookie Support report is incremented. Otherwise, the Not Supported line item in the report is incremented. In other word, If s_cc is set and read by the JavaScript code to determine if cookies are enabled, you will see increment in enabled line item. It is a session cookie and expires when the browser is closed and is stored at the domain of the page .