Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Difference in Percentages in Freeform Table

Level 1

I have a table of visits split by channel. I have turned off numbers so that I can just see each channel as a % share of the total - I have this for TY and LY and am wanting to create a new column that will tell me the difference between the two percentages.

When calculating as a percentage change, or as one minus the other I am getting stupid numbers. Using a Summary Change Visualisation with Raw Difference gives me the right number but I can't seem to replicate in my table.

Anybody experienced/solved this before?

Current set up of Freeform Table:

1828536_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi lindsaya80853039

By Right Clicking Share of Visits under "3 Months - TY", you can able to compare the data with custom data range.

Menu: Right Click > Compare to periods > Custom Date range to this range

1829882_pastedImage_0.png

Try this method you will get the % difference.

Regards

Ashok

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Try this formula in calculated metric builder = TY[ Visits/TotalVisits ] / LY[ Visits/TotalVisits ] -1

Level 1

How would you go about creating a Total Visits metric for this formula?

Level 10

Look for the metric settings when working in the metric builder.

Level 1

Got this now - thank you! However, the numbers still don't seem to make sense with the formula above?

1829535_pastedImage_0.png

Set up of Difference in Share of Visits:

1829536_pastedImage_1.png

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi lindsaya80853039

By Right Clicking Share of Visits under "3 Months - TY", you can able to compare the data with custom data range.

Menu: Right Click > Compare to periods > Custom Date range to this range

1829882_pastedImage_0.png

Try this method you will get the % difference.

Regards

Ashok

Level 10

Lindsay,

2.55% shows by how much 32.88% is higher than 32.06%. Is not it what you were looking for?

Level 1

Apologies, I didn't realise I had said percentage not percentage point - however I've now managed to work out how to adjust it. Thank you so much for your help!