Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Difference in Mobile unique visitors data from Adobe Analytics & Google Analytics

Community Advisor

Hi All,

My website has both Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics setup. I am seeing huge difference in unique visitors counts in GA and AA. In AA mobile device website traffic is 50 % of total unique visitors, however in GA it is around 25%. Can anyone please suggest what could be probable reason and how can I find the root cause?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

On top of this, you need to take in consideration how the two platforms calculate the unique visitor metric and how this is impacted by the attribution to different devices.

In my experience, the gap analysis between 2 different platforms unlikely lead to a satisfactory answer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

It is unlikely you will find root cause of issue. You are not comparing apple to apple.

Adobe using specific providers to classify data under mobile devices, it is done based on User-agents that adobe collects.

Best route for you would be to extract raw data from adobe analytics (data feed) and raw data from GA and try to compare the data based on mobile useragents

Correct answer by
Level 2

On top of this, you need to take in consideration how the two platforms calculate the unique visitor metric and how this is impacted by the attribution to different devices.

In my experience, the gap analysis between 2 different platforms unlikely lead to a satisfactory answer.