Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Design Error in changes to Segments and Metrics

Level 2

Not sure whose idea it was to add 'similar to' and 'used with' in calculated segments and metrics, but it is my least favourite feature and now in some instances makes it impossible to edit in workspace (using the pencil icon).  It also makes it slow when trying to look at the info in that segment/metric using the i, and as yet I have found no benefit just annoyance.

Some times i am lazy and just save the segment name as what AA suggests, if i dont think i will need to use it again.

Now, some of those names are crazy long, so when they are in the 'suggested' or 'used with' you can no longer edit the segment with the pencil icon in workspace due to it going off the edge of the page - see image below.

Hayley1_0-1685000083698.png

15 Replies

Community Advisor

Is this a question? Or just a discussion?

FYI, if you are creating "one time" segments, it's probably better practice to not save those are permanent items in your components list...

If you create a segment from the top of the panel, it won't be a "permanent" item... it will be an AdHoc for the report you are in... 

If the segment is created as a permanent item in your components list, you can delete it, and it will stay in the reports it's part of... (basically it will become AdHoc)

That should help keep some of this cleaner.

Community Advisor

For the record, I logged a ticket with Client Care and linked to this post...

While this is a fringe case, it's definitely a bug and Adobe should address it.

Level 2

We work in AA for a client, so not able to log issues direct with CC, so prefer to see if anyone else experiencing issues or similar prior to asking client to raise.

but it was more of an observation/anyone else noticed ahead of asking for a formal raise - as it is a bug.

so thank you for logging it on our behalf

Community Advisor

You're welcome. I will try to keep this thread updated as I get updates.

Employee

Hi Hayley!

I'm working on the ticket that Jennifer raised on your behalf.

I'm infrequently able to recreate the issue.

My understanding is when you go to edit a long-named segment by hitting the i icon to preview the segment you expect to see the pencil icon like in this screenshot.

alibrahi_0-1685552327210.png

However, you are getting the following screenshot instead where the pencil (edit) or book (data dictionary) icons are not visible as they run off the page.

alibrahi_2-1685552817204.png

I mentioned infrequently as maybe 1 out of 10 times I'm able to replicate the above screenshot and normally I am able to get to the pencil icon despite how long the segment name is.

I tried in Chrome, I was just wondering is this readily replicable in a specific browser that you are using?

If it's replicable each time then it's easier to showcase the issue to Engineering as a bug.

Sincerely,

Ali

Level 2

Hi

the Issue occurs when trying to edit any segment, where in the frequency used with or similar to part of the information shown contains something with a long name in, as per my screen shot above.

this isn’t about the length of name of segment trying to be edited, but the other info shown in the info part of the segment now, since frequently used with or similar to was added in by adobe - so if it picks something up with a long name in - u then can’t see the pencil icon.

as a user we can’t control what is displayed here, I also don’t find it overly useful, just slows the experience.

Employee

Thanks Hayley, I understand the bug, what I was wondering is if this is replicable for you each time or does it work sometimes like in my screenshots and not others or does the edit icon run off the page each time?

If each time is this browser specific?

Level 2

It was happening every time for me, but I only use a chrome browser - latest version on desktop

Employee

Thanks Hayley, in order to troubleshoot further may I have you provide the following:

1. Go to Share -> Get Project link and provide the URL

2. Provide the Report Name

3. Provide the Owning User

So I can clearly show our engineering team that it's readily replicable.

I was trying in Chrome as well so having your short link will help.

Level 2

Hi,

Is it secure sharing the URL here?

Because cant anyone access a shared URL in read only mode now

Community Advisor

I don't think they mean use the "share with anyone feature".. but just a link to the report that as Adobe Admins, they should be able to access fully...

However, I would suggest sending that link to alibrahi in a private message to be safe.

Community Advisor

It's not an immediately obvious feature  

But if you click on someone's profile, there is an option to message them directly.

Employee

Hi Hayley!

A fix has been made to truncate the frequently used/ similar to tags if they get too long.

I have confirmed the same in your environment.

Let me know if there is anything else we may assist you with.

Sincerely,

Ali