Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Delta Between Adobe Analytics and Google DCM Floodlight Conversion Counts

Level 2

Hi, 

In Launch, we have a single page load rule setup to count conversion events in both Adobe and DCM.

When comparing Adobe Analytics data against the DCM click-based counts, we're seeing a delta of ~15%. 

*Additional details:

• Adobe counts are higher than DCM counts
  • Launch Rule Details:
    • Event type = `Core - Window Loaded`
    • Condition set for data layer page name value
    • Actions: Adobe (set/send/clear) is set first followed by the DCM tag

I know this is within the "expected range" but I'd like to reduce this discrepancy if possible.

Question: does anyone have recommended methods for reducing deltas across Adobe and Google (DCM) systems?

(P.S. I realize we'll never get a 1:1 match and that comparing Adobe Analytics with DCM is far from apples-to-apples.)

Thank you in advance. 

*Updated to provide more detail

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sadly i don`t think it would help too much as users who block cookies affect the tracking at cookie/MID level. 

What is odd is that Adobe click counts are higher. I am wondering if you instead in Launch made a direct call rule then have your dev fire it as an on click event if that might make the numbers better aligned. Im thinking somehow on window load itself perhaps giving you some ghost results. Direct call rule is more specific which should make it cleaner.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

I find some of the pixel based tracking cab be improved by actually by delaying the time the floodlight fires. This is best for page load events. Click events may not benefit as much from this technique.

Things like bots, users who dont allow the full pageload to occur before they leave, even cookie blockers can make this delta what you see today.

Make your launch rule only fire DCM pixels after 1 or 2 secs delay of user on page. This way some of the delta will reduce as well as you are likely to fire better pixel conversion on more human users vs bots/crawlers. 

Also some user agent filtering may help esp for linux types that could actually be crawlers. If user agent is something you are tagging and capturing not firing those for linux users could remove some of the delta as well.

Good luck

Level 2

Thank you very much, @Pablo_Childe.

I've added more detail above following your response (thank you for prompting that). 

The issue is that the Adobe counts are higher than DCM (click-based) counts.

Out of the examples you provided above, cookie blockers seem like the main issue type that'd cause this.

In that event, would something as simple as updating the event type to 'window loaded' vs. 'library loaded' fix things?

Thank you again.

Please let me know if the extra info provided gives you any more ideas. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sadly i don`t think it would help too much as users who block cookies affect the tracking at cookie/MID level. 

What is odd is that Adobe click counts are higher. I am wondering if you instead in Launch made a direct call rule then have your dev fire it as an on click event if that might make the numbers better aligned. Im thinking somehow on window load itself perhaps giving you some ghost results. Direct call rule is more specific which should make it cleaner.

Level 2

Thank you for the quick follow-up @Pablo_Childe.

Good call on the shift to direct calls. 

I'll get this set up and (hopefully) follow-up to confirm success.

thanks again.

Level 1

Did you have any update to this? It seems to be a very interesting challenge to solve and I'm about to have this exact same challenge.

Level 1

We ran into the same issue and found out that the ord key is missing in the DCM generated iframe code. You might need to add 'ord'  in the parameter. This will prevent caching. 

ORD values - Campaign Manager 360 Help (google.com)

user00559_0-1708661606891.png