Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Deleting Adobe Analytics Users

Level 2

I wish to find out the process of how to  determine Adobe Analytics users that have not accessed AA within 2 years or a long period of time.

As an admin, I want to delete these users and add new users. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should still be able to access this information via the "legacy" user management in Adobe Analytics.

Admin > Analytics Users and Assets

This will show all the users in Analytics, and there is a column for "Last Analytics Access" that you can sort by. It's not quite a "filter for user that haven't used it in 2 years", but you can at least review users in order of their last access date and stop when you reach your 2 year threshold.

JDungan_0-1650463244569.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

Hi there,

You may check how many days the user visited the site last by using "Days since last visit" dimension as below -

You can also create a segment like "Days since last visit" > 730 (for 2 years) at hit level across unique visitors.

ss29_0-1650458920424.png

Regards,

Level 2

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate.

I have updated the question. I wish to remove adobe analytics users who no longer use it in the admin console. Any idea on how i can identify those that have not used it for over a year or more?

Thanks 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You should still be able to access this information via the "legacy" user management in Adobe Analytics.

Admin > Analytics Users and Assets

This will show all the users in Analytics, and there is a column for "Last Analytics Access" that you can sort by. It's not quite a "filter for user that haven't used it in 2 years", but you can at least review users in order of their last access date and stop when you reach your 2 year threshold.

JDungan_0-1650463244569.png

Level 2

Thanks. This was very helpful.

Please any idea how I can do the same for reports in Adobe Analytics? I wish to identify;

1. Reports that have not been opened in the last 2 years
  2. A way to see how often a report is being used

THANKS 

Community Advisor

Lol, that is something I need to do myself... I haven't figured that one out yet...

Possibly using the log files... but it's not so easy to get a list of "active" reports there... and of course, scheduled reports wouldn't be included there....  If I come up with any ideas I will try and post those...

Level 2

Hi There,

We did that using Log options. Based on event type as report/ workspace viewed, filtered the log details and then extracted it in excel. The just sorted and filtered the details in excel for each report individually based on last accessed and total number of access in last 2 years. A bit exhaustive process to extract the logs for last two years and then all the excel stuff but couldn't find a better way.

Thanks,