Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Defining an Event for a Document Downloaded via a Form

Level 1

There is a form on my website, and when this form is filled out, users can download a document by clicking the "Download" button. To measure the number of downloads, I need to set up an event in Adobe Analytics. How can I measure the form-specific document downloads for this page?

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi @KaanBabalar,

Here's a step-by-step approach:

1. Create a ‘Rule’ with the following details:

• Extension: Core
  • Event Type: Click
  • In the right pane: Selects “specific elements”
  • Enter CSS selector under “Elements matching the CSS selector” text box (See below).

rameshpennam_0-1723553815527.png

2. Optionally, you can also add a condition by passing on which page that you want your form to fire (See below).

rameshpennam_1-1723553815560.png

3. CSS Selector Value: You can get this value by right clicking and choosing the Inspect option on the “Download” button on the page. It will automatically highlight the download button html script, now just right click on the highlighted area, click on “Copy”, and finally click on “Copy Selector” (See below).

rameshpennam_2-1723553815562.png

4. Incase of step 1, you can also try other methods too like custom code where you can write javascript code, or by going with DOM method etc..

Level 3

@KaanBabalar ,

Forgot to mention that, you should also configure event in Adobe analytics Admin tool. To do this, you have to login to Analytics and then, follow the below steps.

1. Click on Admin > All admin

rameshpennam_0-1723609284158.png

2. Click on Report suites

rameshpennam_1-1723609369143.png

3. The, Click on Edit Settings > Conversion > Success Events

rameshpennam_2-1723609493938.png

4. Finally, add the "Event" under "Custom Success Events" that you configured in your rule. All you have to do is, Enter the name of your event, choose type as counter, and polarity as Up is good and you can leave the others. If your event number is not matching with the default event shown on the page then you can click on "Add New" and enter the event number that you have entered in launch/tags tool.

rameshpennam_4-1723609764625.png

Hope this helps.