Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Data Warehouse - Customize Custom Dimension Header in CSV

Level 1

I am trying to get my Adobe Data Warehouse report to display a custom dimension with a generic name in a header of the CSV report. I do not wish to use the out of the box "Page URL" dimension for this report.

I am using Data Warehouse for delivery of this report. The name of my custom dimension is "Page URL (prop45)", but I would like it to read as "Page URL" in a column of the CSV export. Though I updated it at the source, it is still coming up as "Page URL (prop45)" in the CSV. Even when I drag the custom dimension into report builder it reads as "Page URL", but appears differently in the export.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how to do it?

Any help is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This unfortunately isn't possible... because of the potential for "same name" (particularly in old implementations where people would use both a prop and an eVar to track the same info with the same name for in Reporting correlations) Adobe will automatically append the actual dimension identifier.

As in, if your eVar was actually still called "Page URL (prop45)" the it would come through in the export as "Page URL (prop45) (prop45)"

So while you can't actually get rid of the dimension name, maybe if you explain how you are using the file, and I can help you with a solution once the file arrives? Generally the Data Warehouse export isn't used as the "final" report, but is processed into something else... is having "(prop45)" in the header of the raw data going to impact your process that much? (genuine question, not snark - I really want to understand your flow so that we can find a solution together, since there is no out of the box option)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This unfortunately isn't possible... because of the potential for "same name" (particularly in old implementations where people would use both a prop and an eVar to track the same info with the same name for in Reporting correlations) Adobe will automatically append the actual dimension identifier.

As in, if your eVar was actually still called "Page URL (prop45)" the it would come through in the export as "Page URL (prop45) (prop45)"

So while you can't actually get rid of the dimension name, maybe if you explain how you are using the file, and I can help you with a solution once the file arrives? Generally the Data Warehouse export isn't used as the "final" report, but is processed into something else... is having "(prop45)" in the header of the raw data going to impact your process that much? (genuine question, not snark - I really want to understand your flow so that we can find a solution together, since there is no out of the box option)