Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

data privacy related

Level 4

I got a couple of questions from the data privacy team. I answered most of the questions but they had below questions regarding Adobe Analytics.

1. Does Adobe Analytics offer ‘ring fenced solution’?
  2. Can we reduce the data retention period?
  3. Can we set up our SSL/TLS certificate and set the cipher security level to high?
  4. Can we enable IP obfuscation?

Any insights or links to the resources above where I can get started?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

1. Does Adobe Analytics offer ‘ring fenced solution’?
I am not sure if this covers what you are looking for, but you can control right down to the metric and dimension levels what users can see... in your Admin panel you can create user groups with various permissions, and if a user hasn't been granted access to see certain information, they can't access it.

2. Can we reduce the data retention period?
The data retention policy should be configurable in your contract... most users want more data so that is built in, but I don't see why if you need to reduce the length of time that it would be a problem... you just need to work with your Customer Success Manager and Support to set this as needed.

3. Can we set up our SSL/TLS certificate and set the cipher security level to high?
You don't have to have Adobe manage your tracking server... this is a service they provide, but you are more than welcome to set up your own server and SSL... you just need to point that server to the DNS that Adobe provides.... I can't see there being an issue with the level of security that you are looking for, but ClientCare would be better able to answer that than I can... 

4. Can we enable IP obfuscation?

Yes, this is a setting at the suite level... I've not used it myself.. but maybe someone here has... but it's part of the initial setup, and can be turned on at any time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

1. Does Adobe Analytics offer ‘ring fenced solution’?
I am not sure if this covers what you are looking for, but you can control right down to the metric and dimension levels what users can see... in your Admin panel you can create user groups with various permissions, and if a user hasn't been granted access to see certain information, they can't access it.

2. Can we reduce the data retention period?
The data retention policy should be configurable in your contract... most users want more data so that is built in, but I don't see why if you need to reduce the length of time that it would be a problem... you just need to work with your Customer Success Manager and Support to set this as needed.

3. Can we set up our SSL/TLS certificate and set the cipher security level to high?
You don't have to have Adobe manage your tracking server... this is a service they provide, but you are more than welcome to set up your own server and SSL... you just need to point that server to the DNS that Adobe provides.... I can't see there being an issue with the level of security that you are looking for, but ClientCare would be better able to answer that than I can... 

4. Can we enable IP obfuscation?

Yes, this is a setting at the suite level... I've not used it myself.. but maybe someone here has... but it's part of the initial setup, and can be turned on at any time.

Level 4

Thank you!! Very helpful info. I was able to locate the documenation on Adobe after going through your answers

Community Advisor

For Q2: see https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/technotes/data-retention.html?lang=en#adjusting-th...

For Q3: if you're referring to the HTTPS connection that's required to access experience.adobe.com/analytics, then no, that HTTPS connection is determined by Adobe themselves (since they're the owner of the adobe.com domain).

For Q4: see https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/admin/admin-tools/general-acct-settings-admin.html...

FYI as you can see, Adobe has documentation that might cover most of your queries. Try searching for them with any modern search engine.