Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data Layer

Level 1

I would like to continue using the existing Data Layer that is in place for GTM to implement Analytics and Target through Launch, rather than getting the developers to recode an identical one in a flat Launch data layer. 

I have implemented the extension ‘Adobe Client Data Layer’ in Launch and configured it use ‘dataLayer’ as its data layer and ticked the box to write ‘adobeDataLayer’ if it doesn’t exist already.  It is causing ‘Maximum Call Stack Size Exceeded’ errors (we think it ends up in an internal loop) in checkout pages (single page app) and causing errors in other pages which are not.  We can see that it works ok for some dataLayer.push events, but not others.  This is interrupting the user journey so we cannot go live with it. Can you recommend what the best solution is?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Some people have had success with using SDI's Data Layer Manager to work with GTM's dataLayer.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Some people have had success with using SDI's Data Layer Manager to work with GTM's dataLayer.