Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data insertion - incorrect Page Views

Level 1

Hi

Using Data Insertion XML, we transfer data almost in real time, maximum delay that could occur on our side is about a minute. The problem that we see now is the page views. In theory we may receive limitless events from a page loaded until user navigates away from that page. We put these custom events in context  data section and that is fine for us. The problem is every request that we sent was recorded as one page view in Adobe Analytics. For an example, during the testing we noticed that there were more than 5 page views recorded but in reality there was only one page view (we transmitted more than 5 different custom events in 5 different requests for that page)

Could you please advise us how to resolve this issue? In every request, we post a unique number for each page similar to session id. Is there a way to tell the system to count these numbers for views not individual request? Wait until user to navigate away and aggregate the events and send as a single request is not a practical solution for us.

Many Thanks

Anton

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can either:

• Send the first hit as a page view, then all subsequent hits as a link tracking call; or
  • Aggregate all events into a single request.

Those are really your only two options here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can either:

• Send the first hit as a page view, then all subsequent hits as a link tracking call; or
  • Aggregate all events into a single request.

Those are really your only two options here.

Level 1

Hi Gigazelle,

Thank you for the answer. As far I can see link tacking call is not allowed in Data Insertion XML. The only option seems to be aggregate all events, which is not a best option for us.

Regards

Anton

Employee Advisor

You can set <linkName> and <linkType>, which should turn it into a link tracking call. Occurrences still increase for link tracking calls, but page views do not.

Supported XML Tags and Query Variables | Adobe Developer Connection

Level 1

I am also facing the same problem please solve my problem also my website un and  navik