Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Dashboard portrait detail view cuts off dates in a full month

Level 1

Can't show detailed data for a full month of December in my dashboard because only the first 28 days can fit itemized in the widget box of a portrait page. Tips?

linda

http://www.crystalbluepoolservices.com

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks Russ for the detailed explanation and the workaround.

Hope this would solve the query.

Thanks and Regards

Akhil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Just increase the size of the widget box in dashboard layout.

Let me know if it helps and mark it closed if it answer your question.

Thanks and Regards

Akhil

Employee Advisor

Akhil, I'm pretty sure you didn't open a dashboard to try this out before answering :)

I've noticed this limitation on my end as well, and the way I normally get around it is by creating two reportlets: one with only the graph, and one that contains each day. Though this method takes a little more room, it also allows me to create two graphs for the report, one for the month and one comparing it to previous months.

Another way I do it is by separating the line items into different columns; this works in landscape layout as well. Add the first 15 line items in one reportlet, then add the last 16 line items in another.

Some graph types take up less vertical room than others, so if you have something simple like a bar graph, you'll sometimes be able to fit 30 days + the graph in your reportlet.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Thanks Russ for the detailed explanation and the workaround.

Hope this would solve the query.

Thanks and Regards

Akhil