On our website we have a page that iframes another page on a different domain name than main website. We are using the latest versions of VisitorAPI (4.6.0) and AppMeasurement (2.20.0) on both the main website page and the iframed page on a different domain name. We have noticed only in Safari that a new ECID is generated for the iframed page which splits the visit. We have attempted to use the whitelistParentDomain and whitelistIframeDomains configurations (https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/id-service/using/id-service-api/configurations/whitelistdomai...) for VisitorAPI in the iframed window but this still is not working and we are seeing a new ECID generated for the iframed window in Safari. We have also attempted to use the appendVisitorIDsTo function (https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/id-service/using/id-service-api/methods/appendvisitorid.html) while dynamically/lazy loading the form iframe but a new ECID is generated in Safari for the iframed window as well. We are also not sure if this function can be used for iframe URLs. We would like to come up with a way in Safari to allow the ECID used in the iframe to be consistent with the parent window so that visits are not split. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.
Hello, we ended up having to use a window post message to the parent window approach to workaround this issue. Article: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/use-cases/iframe.html?lang=en#acces...
Our team was facing the same issue with ECID mismatch while using iframe pages, except in our case issue persisted across all the browsers. Here is the scenario -> We have a parent page on domain1.com and on this page we are iframing a form page from different domain (domain2.com). We are using Experience cloud ID service on both the pages. The iframed form page always generates new ECID which is different from the parent page, making it impossible to identify the visitors and provide personalization.
We were able to resolve the issue by setting sameSiteCookie = none and secureCookies = true in experience cloud ID service extension. You can find more details here -> https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/id-service/using/id-service-api/configurations/secure-samesi...