Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating segment as a sequence

Level 3

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a report on how many users saw the products in my ecommerce website coming from a certain page, but the previous page is not tracked on adobe, can i use referral dimension will that be correct.

I'm trying to create segments, but it give me 0 users, how should i segment them

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AshwinC5I Check the time range for the segment, it might be possible that the date range you are looking at may not have anyone actually following that sequence.

Another query from the above screenshot you shared was that I could see 25 visits on the top right corner of the segment definition window, so it did seem like it was working for you as well. No ?

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Community Advisor

There is another aspect to this not yet mentioned... in the segments above, all the logic so far has used just THEN, but if you want to look at flows that are directly from Page A to Page B, then this isn't sufficient.. THEN is a loose definition Page B could occur any time in the visit after Page A for that definition to qualify.

Example 1:

• Page A
  • Page B
  • Page C

Example 2:

• Page A
  • Page C
  • Page D
  • Page B

If you need a sequence which is direct from Page A to Page B, you need to change THEN to a more specific time framed variation:

Example:

VISIT
    Page A

THEN within 1 page view

Page B

This will make sure Page B directly follows Page A

Community Advisor

Yup @Jennifer_Dungan 

Agreed. Missed out on mentioning the within piece if it just needs to be next pageview. Even without it, as you mentioned, 'then' should have been a superset but @AshwinC5I wasnt getting numbers which was weird but I guess he might have sorted that bit. Now that I look at this thread, pretty long from yesterday !

Community Advisor

Oh, yes, but it looked like you were well on the way of sorting that part of the issue out... if it's still a problem, I can review the full thread