Expand my Community achievements bar.

Create a segment based on different timeperiods

Level 1

Hi There,

due to some tagging isues I was forced to use 'Non-repeating instance' in the attribution model in a segment I created. The segment is used to measure  only 1 time conversions for a form.

These tagging problems are now solved and now I must use the default attributing model: "Repeating"

This gives problems in the standard projects I made in the conversions over time, because i have to use 1 attributing model. 

Is the a way to built a segment based on logical statment like:

Before sep 1 2023:  use container X based on Non-repeating

Otherwise: use container Y based repeating model

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi Lennart77

Here Update the Container X Segment by adding the Custom Date Range (Before sep1) with OR Condition.

And, same for the Container Y Segment (After sep1 : rolling)

Then, Create a New Segment which is combined - Container X or Container Y .

Now , Check the segment by Taking the different Date ranges and check the segment .You will be able to see the segment working according to the Date range set.

SrikrishnaChaitanya_0-1698756107137.png

Level 1

Thank you for your answers.

I'm able to reproduce the segment you suggested.

The problem is when I use this segment  in the project it shows all the conversions during the periods I defined in the segment, and not the conversions of the daterange I specified in the panel. 

Community Advisor

You could try this:

Create a segment for the "current" date range like so:

HIT

Date range Sept 17, 2023 - Today

You could then create a calculated metric:

IF

Segment Sept 17 to Now

Occurrences

IF TRUE

static number 1

IF FALSE

static number 2

Then use this calculated metric in you larger segment? 

HIT

Container:

Calculated Metric = 2

AND

Form Complete Counter (non-repeating) equals 1

OR

Container:

Calculated Metric = 1

AND

Form Complete Counter equals 1

This should allow your report to show the specified dates in the panel, as the date ranges aren't being used directly in the segment, but rather to calculate a 1 or 2 value...

It's worth a try anyway.

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

To quickly answer your main question: You can apply date ranges within a segment or segment container, so I would create a segment with two containers:

1. The first one would have a date range that ends on September 1, 2023 and container X (or its non-repeating settings).
  2. The first one has a rolling date range that starts on September 2 and ends on the current day AND container Y (or its repeating settings)

One note to consider about creating this segment: Lumping these models together might not be the best approach depending on what attributes or data output you're looking for. It might be better to have two different segments AND include notes about the dates and specific changes that affected the attribution model in the segment(s) so you or other segment users are aware of the tagging changes.