Expand my Community achievements bar.

Count number of pageviews and or time taken strictly between journey start and end rather than within visit overall

Level 2

Hi,

We're planning to A/B test a new journey (from point A to B) and I wanted to know if there was a way that I could split out the difference in the number of pages viewed for the new experience vs control experiences and then turn those in to an average.

For example, we're hoping our new journey will be much more streamlined and although customers may be able to complete the current journey, I want to try and show that we've made it easier in terms of customers viewing less pages to reach the journey end goal and or it's taken a lot less time. How would I be best to do this in Analytics. Thanks

5 Replies

Adobe Champion

So I'm going to assume that you use A4T integration using Adobe Target.

You can split this by experience using the out of the box experience dimension for that

I would then suggest using a daily average calculated metric like so. You can use that as a metric for both experiences. This one is for visits, but you can just replace visits with page views at the top:

christel_guidon_0-1709140657893.png

Not sure that's what you're looking for but hope it's helpful

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

In addition to @christel_guidon's suggestion, if you do not have Adobe Target, I would create two sequential segments to represent the journeys and drop those as rows in a freeform table to compare to the key performance metrics for your analysis (which in your case looks like visit depth and maybe a calculated metrics for the goal completion.

For additional analysis, I would apply these segments to a fallout visualization to see where customers tend to abandon the journey so you can optimize the new journey even further.

Level 2

Thanks for your feedback on this. I think I may try and build a sequential segment and then add that they've completed the journey within 4 pageviews and then build another for 5, 6 etc.. which i'm hoping will give me what i want.

Level 2

Thanks for replying to my query.

I've built the calculated metric as you've shown but when i overlay my segment in a freeform table it shows exactly the same data as as if I were to swap out the calculated metric I've created and just add in visits.

If a journey from start to end takes x4 natural steps or pageviews - what % of customers complete the journey in four steps, % for five, six etc..

Do I need to add my segment data to the calculated metric (i.e. journey start vs end).  

Adobe Champion

Hi Peter,

Have you tried the average page depth metric? Or the hit depth or visit depth dimension?