Expand my Community achievements bar.

Copy selection to clipboard not working as usual - copying percentages, not data.

Level 2

Hello- I frequently copy data tables from adobe analytics and paste to excel for further analysis. Starting on 8/14, the data that gets copied are the percentages, not the values themselves. I have played with settings and contact our Adobe Analytics SMEs, and this is a new issue that does not have a clear solution. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe this is a separate bug, but If I unselect percentages from the column settings, only partial data is copied to the clipboard (ex. uncheck percentages, copy 5 cells from a column, paste into excel, only the 5th cell in the column gets pasted. 

20 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi @MichaelFl2 -- this is happening for me as well (including not being able to copy all columns even I turn off percentages in the display). Have you filed a ticket with Adobe Customer Care? 

A less convenient workaround -- that worked for me -- would be to highlight the columns and rows you want and download them as a CSV by right-clicking and selecting "Download Selection as CSV." It is as convenient as the copy and pasting, but until development can address this bug, it gets you the data you want.

Level 2

This is happening to me as well! Having to export everything since yesterday...

Community Advisor

For me, It's getting pasted in weird way, with the numbers in 1000s it is pasting the percentages and from 100s it is giving me number instead of percentage.

Screenshot 2024-08-15 at 11.09.01 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-15 at 11.05.34 AM.png

It is really bug for sure. Did anyone filed a support ticket with Adobe?

Level 1

Here is a quirky workaround; if you change your preference to number format of 1.000,00, the values greater than 1,000 will paste, but when pasting, it drops the ending 0's (zeros). in image, 21,69 should be 21,690.

DougEi_0-1723743309535.png

Level 1

I thought it was just me! Glad, I think, to know this is a problem others are having. I'll stop rebooting and trying other things. This needs to be fixed ASAP! 

Level 1

Yes, it looks like a bug. Initially I thought I may have messed up some settings owing to a large number of workspaces open in parallel. I tried to restore default setting. Changed version controls for workspace dating one to two weeks back but nothing seems to work. Seems like a bug to me!

Level 1

Yes, we've spotted this too, doesn't feel like this was tested within the recent Analytics release.

Also noticed that CTRL Z has been previously broken, it remove all segment filters from report headers if your try remove/add one.

;-(

Employee

This is a bug and has been logged to the product team. If you haven't created a ticket, please create one from the Admin Console to get the latest update on the fix. However, I will try to update here once this is fixed.

Level 1

This is still an issue for me.  When I copy / paste from my Adobe Reporting Workspace in to excel, it carries the %, not the actual value.

Level 2

Definitely still a bug, mine feels like it just started though recently. How do we go about getting it fixed for our business?

Level 1

Still happening at my company as well:

- Visits are copied fine

- Conversion Rate is copied as "0" (not a formatting issue in Excel)

- Revenue is copying percentage instead of total values

Level 1

Yes, the issue fixed itself and then resurfaced again last week. I have opened a new ticket. Let's hope this resolves soon.

Level 1

Thanks, the same issue is happening to me. When I copy + paste data from adobe analytics, I paste all zeros instead of the actual values into excel.

Level 1

Did you get any kind of response on the ticket yet?

Level 1

Hi All,

I wanted to inform you that the ticket I raised with Adobe has been resolved. Adobe support was prompt and efficient in addressing the issue, and I highly recommend raising a ticket without delay if you encounter a similar problem.

For reference, when submitting a ticket, you can request assistance from Harshil Gambhir from Adobe Tech Support. His email is hgambhir@adobe.com. Please mention my name (Darshak) as a referrer for context.

I emphasized the importance of resolving this issue due to the Q3 reporting cadence, and Harshil ensured it was addressed swiftly.

Please feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Level 1

Hi, I have the same problem.

I have always copy de data directly from an Adobe Analytics panel (ctrl+c) and paste it in Excel without any problem.

However, now when I paste the data in Excel the dots "." and commas "," change from what I see in Excel. I mean, the dots become commas.

Adobe Analytics Excel.png