Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Clickstream TNT fields

Level 1

As part of our Target experimentation programme, I want to explore alternative ways to evaluate our tests by using our clickstream data. I want to understand the characteristics of our users when they first enter a test - device type, marketing channel, etc. 

Can I use the post_tnt_action field (structured as activityID:experienceID:targettype|event ), filtering for event = 0 for hits where users are first entered into the test? I can't get the count of unique visitors to match when using this method (using post_visid_low and post_visid_low and the usual recommended excluded hit filters).

2 Replies

Level 3

Hey @joshbligh3  Here’s a more detailed explanation regarding the issue with unique visitor counts when using the post_tnt_action field in Adobe Analytics:

Inflated Unique Visitor Counts

• What Happens: When analyzing user data using the post_tnt_action field with the filter event = 0, each hit (or event) where a user enters a test is recorded. This can lead to inflated unique visitor counts because:
    • Each entry into the test is counted as a separate event.
    • If a user enters the test multiple times, each entry is recorded as a new unique visitor, even if they are the same individual.

Avoiding Duplication

• Using Visitor ID Variables: To obtain accurate unique visitor counts, leverage the following variables:
    • s.visid_high: This variable captures the high part of the unique visitor ID. It helps identify unique visitors at a higher level.
    • s.visid_low: This variable captures the low part of the unique visitor ID, which complements the high part to form a complete unique identifier.

Why Use Visitor ID Variables?

• De-duplication: By using s.visid_high and s.visid_low, you can ensure that each visitor is counted only once, regardless of how many times they enter the test. This provides a more accurate representation of unique visitors.
  • Consistency Across Reports: Using these visitor ID variables aligns your analysis with the way Adobe Analytics typically calculates unique visitors in other reports, ensuring consistency and reliability in your data.

Refer this: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-cloud-questions/visid-high-and-vis...

Summary

In summary, when using the post_tnt_action field to analyze test entries, be cautious of inflated unique visitor counts due to multiple entries being counted separately. To achieve a more accurate count, utilize the s.visid_high and s.visid_low variables to de-duplicate visitors and ensure your analysis reflects true unique visitor behavior.

Level 1

I'm afraid ChatGPT missed the mark here, this doesn't answer the question of how to identify the first time a visitor enters a Target test and whether post_tnt_action's event=0 can be used. Thanks