Expand my Community achievements bar.

Click to page data warehouse dimension

Level 1

Hello analytics lovers,

I guess I have a kinda **bleep** question, I found a dimension called click to page in the data warehouse. In relation to other dimensions and metrics it gives us some pretty strange numbers. We kind of understand it as a dimension of occurences but I would like to know its more specific functioning and definition. Can any of you give me some advice? Thanks a lot, everyone.

Dan

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I believe that "Clicks to Page" is the number of page views that preceded the current page view (or maybe the number of page views until this point - most of the documentation seems to be gone.. it's likely a legacy field).

So within a Visit:

• Page 1 (Entry)
    • Clicks to Page: 0 (or maybe 1)
  • Page 2
    • Clicks to Page: 1 (or maybe 2)
  • Page 3
    • Clicks to Page: 2 (or maybe 3)
  • etc

This isn't a dimension I've ever used... I would imagine this could be used to see a distribution of how many pages were seen before hitting a specific page (this could be useful as a histogram maybe)...

But given it doesn't appear to be available in Workspace, I would be a little distrustful of it without doing an in-depth validation of it....

Level 3

Hi, 
this dimension is about navigation order (even if the name is about pages, it works for all calls: page views and events).
The name is not aligned in Workspace and Data warehouse export.
In the workspace interface, it 'Hit Depth'.
In the DWH, it's named 'Clicks to Page' or 'Visit Page Number' depending if you already have the new DWH interface (but in the export report it's always named 'Clicks to Page').
Here you have the Adobe documentation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/hit-depth
Hope it helps