Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Classifications for Audience Name

Level 3

We are using Audience Name (from AAM) in Adobe Analytics.  Our Audience Name appears as a dimension in Adobe Analytics.  We desire to use classifications on Audience Name but when we use the Classifications Rule Builder in Adobe Analytics, the Audience Name dimension does not appear.   

How can we make Audience Name appear in Classification Rule Builder in Adobe Analytics?

Can we use the Classifications Rule Builder for Audience Name in Adobe Analytics?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

OK, that makes sense, and I was afraid that might be the case.

Without having access to Audience Manager, this may be a silly question, but is it possible to create a combined audience there? So that you can have Audience A and Audience B, etc... but also an audience definition that combines all the audiences that need to be combined?

If this isn't the case, maybe this warrants posing an Idea to allow for Audience Classifications in Analytics? (Unless of course someone else knows if this is possible)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't have Audience Manager (but I noticed this hasn't yet been answered, so I tried to do some digging).

I found this: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/integration/audience-analytics/audience-analytics-...

Which essentially states that your audience name is already a "friendly classification of the audience ID", so I don't know if it would be possible to classify on top of that.

That said, what is the end goal you are trying to achieve? Are you trying to take "Audience A" and "Audience B" together, to classify them as "Combined Audience"? Would segmentation work? How many Audience Definitions do you have, or do they change often enough that segmentation would be too tedious to maintain?

If this is sort of a permanent merging of Audiences, maybe updating the audience definitions would be the place to start?

Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

My user desires to do as you described which is to take "Audience A" and "Audience B" together, to classify them as "Combined Audience".  Unfortunately, using segments would not work as there are hundreds of different audience names which don't follow clean naming rules.  Thus we are seeking to use classification importer.  Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

OK, that makes sense, and I was afraid that might be the case.

Without having access to Audience Manager, this may be a silly question, but is it possible to create a combined audience there? So that you can have Audience A and Audience B, etc... but also an audience definition that combines all the audiences that need to be combined?

If this isn't the case, maybe this warrants posing an Idea to allow for Audience Classifications in Analytics? (Unless of course someone else knows if this is possible)