Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Classification Rule Builder - Lookback Window

Level 2

Hello,

I recently created classifications rules. But I would like to know how does the lookback window work?

Do I have to update/reactivate it each week? Or is it automatic?

The larger lookback window is 6 months. Does this mean, in 6 months, I won't be able to access the data of the previous 6 months from today?

Does this mean I will always have 6 months of data... I won't be able to analyze data from the past year?

Thank you,

Aymane

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Classification Rules capability does not support such a lookback window.

You may want to create a classification manually in a tabulated file and upload it into an FTP.  Learn more >>> Classifications importer - overview

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Aymane,

It's automatic. The algorithm looks for the values that have been collected into the dimension for the last N months.

As far as I understand, if you set the lookback window for 6 months, the value that was last time captured 7 months ago will not be classified with the Rule. If that's the challenge you have faced, then you need to work with the Classification file upload as a workaround.

Level 2

Hello Andrey,

Thanks for your answer.

So just to be clear, is it 6 months from the day I created the rule? And then it's on a rolling date.

Level 10

6 months from the day the rule is run. Every day it checks the last N months.

Level 2

Ok thanks!

But what if I want a classification who look back like 2 years ago?

What can I do ?

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Classification Rules capability does not support such a lookback window.

You may want to create a classification manually in a tabulated file and upload it into an FTP.  Learn more >>> Classifications importer - overview